Monday, February 4, 2008

Battles With Bach

Bach. Simply the name Bach raises many different thoughts with different people. Greatest composer in the Baroque period, amazing musician, many children... My thoughts didn't run along those lines too much today. I sat and got frustrated, let myself know that it was stupid and said that I knew I could do it. After which I promptly told myself that I couldn't, went home and told my mom that I had about two weeks to memorize 'Bach' and that I couldn't do it! After which, I went and practiced some more:). And pretty much, didn't make sense with much of it:). As the pianists out there have probably all done, my frustrations went from trying to play the piece perfectly, to banging a quick splat of whatever my fingers hit at the moment. So, as I make my visit to my teacher's today, I will get the whole 'You can do this' lecture and come home ready to face this head on. Thank God for teachers:)

No comments: